Wild Rice and Turkey with Toasted Almonds
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup wild rice
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp. Sherry or Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey (about 3/4 pound)
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 tbsp. chopped red onion
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a 1-quart heavy saucepan, add rice and ¼ tsp. salt. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender and most grains are split open, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain well and cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl and stir in cooled rice until mixture is well blended. Serve cold or at room temperature.
To toast almonds, place them in a dry skillet over medium high heat. Stir frequently until nuts are browned. Remove from skillet to stop cooking.
Be the first to write a review.
Write a review for this product!
First: Rate the product. Please select a rating between 0 (poorest) and 5 stars (best).
(High Rating)(Low Rating)
Max length 500