Slow Cooker Moroccan Beef Stew
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 can (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup chopped Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Walnut Halves and Pieces
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add beef to pan and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to slow cooker insert. Season with cumin and cinnamon.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet and let heat for a few seconds. Stir in onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with broth, raisins, garbanzo beans, walnuts and 1 tsp. lemon peel. Cook on low heat 8 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with remaining grated lemon peel before serving.
Time Saver: Layer all ingredients in slow cooker without browning and cook on low heat for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Be the first to write a review.
Write a review for this product!
First: Rate the product. Please select a rating between 0 (poorest) and 5 stars (best).
(High Rating)(Low Rating)
Max length 500