Ricotta Cheese and Basil Flatbread
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 lb. prepared pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Fisher® Pecan Halves
- ½ cup tightly-packed basil leaves, washed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 10 x 15-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine garlic and olive oil, set aside.
- Shape dough into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle. Place on prepared baking pan. Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake 12-15 minutes, or until light brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven. Brush with garlic oil, let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread the ricotta on the cooked dough and top with the Parmesan cheese and the pecans. Use a pair of scissors to cut the basil leaves into pieces and sprinkle them over the flatbread. Serve immediately.
Note: To make Basic Pizza Dough: Combine 1 ⅛ tsp. active dry yeast with ¾ cup warm (about 110°F) water in a large bowl. Let sit 10 minutes to proof the yeast. Stir in 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. kosher salt, ¼ tsp. ground black pepper and 1 Tbsp. honey. Mix until a dough forms then turn onto a floured surface. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Lightly coat inside of mixing bowl with olive oil and return dough to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm, draft-free place for 30 to 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Punch down dough and proceed as indicated in step 2 of the recipe.
Be the first to write a review.
Write a review for this product!
First: Rate the product. Please select a rating between 0 (poorest) and 5 stars (best).
(High Rating)(Low Rating)
Max length 500